May 12, 2007

Typical Saturday

We usually run errands on weekends such as grocery shopping, window shopping, replenish baby stuff, etc with the lil one tagging along. As the malls close by 5pm or 6pm on Saturdays (except of course supermarkets like Coles and Woolies, and Franklins which close by 9pm or midnight) we always feel rushed to ensure we don't miss anything out from our shopping list.

By the time we got home (usually by 4pm or 5pm), we're tired. If we bought chicken drumstick, chicken breasts, fish, vegetables, etc. I would need to clean and cut the meat (for drumsticks, I skin them) into portions to freeze in separate bags or containers. As for vegetables, I also wash and cut them in portions for easy access when I cook porridge for Bee. Sometimes had to cook for our dinner too but at most times, we'd have already bought something ready to eat from our shopping. Believe it or not, doing that could take me up to 2 hours ... standing, washing and cutting. While I did all those, Kiwi G would be feeding Bee her porridge and clean her after that (I couldn't begin to tell what a great Daddy Kiwi G is but I'll prolly write about that some other day and I am very sure many Daddies are as great or better!).

Basically our day begins at about 5am (but on weekends Kiwi G usually gets up to tend to Bee while I sleep in till 9.30am or 10am, how good is that??!! - I am embarassed, haha! and nope, I never requested that he gets up to tend to Bee) when the Boss wakes up and we don't really get a break until Boss calls it a day at 7pm, hahaha!

Really, it would make a world of difference if cooking, laundry, ironing and other general housework could be taken care of by someone else such as hired help :P Imagine coming home from shopping or outing and you have dinner all ready for you ... best of all, don't need to wash the dishes after that too. Wahhhh what a bliss!!

CREDITS

Sadish Bala for this amazing Template to work with

Statcounter

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum