July 27, 2005

More boring stuff

HTML SPECIAL CHARACTERS

See the tiny green hearts next to my post titles? They're merely symbols, not images.

Here are two sites with tables of special html symbols: here and here
It comes in handy when you wish to type characters such as
¢  £  ©   ¿   °   ½   ¼   ¾   ♣  ♥  ♠



WEBHOSTING & DOMAIN NAME

Web hosting - I have been using www.tera-byte.com web hosting service since year 2002 until now. Their technical support is first class! Support emails are usually replied within half an hour or sooner. These guys are located in Alberta, Canada.

Domain Name - I have one with Network Solutions (USA) which used to be a bit pricey (when I first bought my domain name from them 5 years ago, it was about US$37/year but the price has gone down so much since);

I also bought several domain names with Name Cheap (USA) at US$8.88 each per year. There are cheaper ones around but since Name Cheap accepts payment via Paypal which makes it very much easier for me, I decided to go for it. They also threw in one year free WhoisGuard for every new subscription or transfer.

One can easily look up the owner of the domain and his/her address (I use my PO Box address for confidentiality purpose but all my domains with Name Cheap have WhoisGuard, therefore none of my information, not even my name will show up).

A small note about domain names: I always place a registrar lock on my domains. This will lock my domain records at the registry level and prevent them from being transferred, modified, deleted by a third party or prevent against unauthorized transfers and hijacking.

Since a 'registrar lock' can also make it more difficult to transfer away from a registrar, it might be a good idea to look for a registrar that allows the ability to automatically unlock your domain names at any time without having to call or email them.

But alas, these days, some webhosting companies even throw in a free domain registration for you when you sign up with any of their webhosting packages.

*Yawn* I am feeling sleepy and bored with all this talk already ... zzzZZZZZ *snore snore*

CREDITS

Sadish Bala for this amazing Template to work with

Statcounter

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum