February 05, 2007

HTML & Digital Kits

I try not to talk about HTML lest others think I *berlagak* but since Angeleyes asked me this in one of her comments to my DIY blog post:

"G, I love the way you do your template... so pro!
How and where you get them???? Can share share???"

I thought I'd answer it here just in case anyone else is interested. Angeleyes, hope you don't mind me quoting your question :) and by the way, I'm not pro lah. Play play only.

Hope the answer will not disappoint. I create my own images, buttons, backgrounds, etc (with Adobe Photoshop CS) and write my own html source code using Notepad - so basically, I am afraid I did not get my templates from elsewhere. Believe me, if I had gotten them as readymade templates, I would of course credit the source! My templates usually consist of two column tables and if you want a third column, just add it in. Once you know how to write your source code (or if you wish to use the same tables as mine, just view my source code & copy it but remember to replace the images with your own), play around with Blogger's Tag. Blogger has a section that describes the function of each Tag. Just pick and apply whichever Tag that you fancy.

For javascripts, css, stylesheets, etc, my favourite places to obtain them are:

  • The JavaScript Source

    For HTML tutorial or reference, here are some good sites to visit:

  • HTML Clinic

    Then there are free Blogskins all over the internet which saves you all the trouble. I don't have any site in mind but I believe you will get thousands of such sites by Googling.


    I might as well talk about the Scrapbook Layouts I often did for Bee's pics too. Some may have noticed, I often credit the source where I got the digital kits from, whether it is free or paid for. It is not to *berlagak* but just so that anyone who is interested in the digital kits would know where to get it themselves. It is also good "netiquette" and respect for intellectual property rights to give credit. Without those wonderful, gifted designers, we would not have such beautiful digital kits to put together as LO's (Lay Outs). I must admit, initially when I saw other bloggers with beautiful LOs of their babies, I thought they designed everything themselves. Then I thought they used a programme that easily puts everything together within a few clicks but no, no, I was totally wrong.

    It wasn't until
    Anna mentioned about Two Peas In A Bucket that I realized how it is done. I have known about Two Peas a long, long time ago but they weren't offering digital scrapbooking kits back then. Anyway, long story cut short, Two Peas offers free digital kits, more than enough to keep you busy for hours!

    Another website I downloaded freebies as well as made some purchases from is The Digichick - however, you are required to create an account with them before you are able to download the free stuff. Account creation is free of charge.
  • Then of course, after downloading the kits, you need to create your own layout, crop here and there, resize, flip, etc using a drawing software such as Corel or Adobe.

    To get ideas of LO's you can check out the Galleries of those websites, but be sure not to copy other people's ideas 100%, it is just not ethical.

    Unfortunately I haven't had time to check out more sites that offers great free digital kits.
    Scrapbooking Top 50 has the most comprehensive listing of scrapbooking websites worldwide! Worth checking out the sites for freebies if you have the time.

    Oh my goodness, I sure could blabber on and on. Please feel free to ask if I have left out anything.

    CREDITS

    Sadish Bala for this amazing Template to work with

    Statcounter

    Blogger Templates by Blog Forum