December 08, 2005

Chicken

Skinning chicken is gross, well at least for me it is. I often use chicken drumsticks (I don't eat pork or beef) as a soup base and would skin them to reduce the amount of fats in the soup. Sometimes I use chicken back bones too and I skin them also. Aiyeeeeeee very gross but I have no choice. I admire the generations of our mothers, grandmothers and great grandmothers who must have gathered so much courage to slaughter live chickens by the neck ... I still remember how my mom did it, blood splattering everywhere, yucks! I am sure if they had a choice like how we do now, they would not have done it. The things that mothers would do to cook yummy meals for their children. Aren't we all lucky these days? By the way, I only know how to make three different kinds of soup, ie lotus root + peanut, ABC and watercress soup - how embarassing.

Anyway, I usually buy chicken meat from this particular Red Lea Chickens outlet at Westfield Hornsby shopping mall, located just about 5 minutes walk from our apartment. One could get almost anything from this mall.

CREDITS

Sadish Bala for this amazing Template to work with

Statcounter

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum