April 04, 2006

Update

We finally have our laminated floating floors (fake wooden floors) installed in all bedrooms last Saturday. Feels good not to have concrete floors in the house anymore! Photos to follow much later.

Had been so busy and still am. Trying to unpack and sort things out. I strife to practice the Japanese 5S system in my household (more explanation here). I was very impressed with the 5S philosophy many moons ago when I had the privilege to be part of the implementation team at one of the manufacturing companies I have worked in my early days (the company was also going through the process of achieving ISO 9002 certification of which it succeeded). But ... 5S for household? I must be a freak but we'll see - things are often easier said than done, haha.

Meanwhile our driveway, patio and retaining walls are under construction this week (before & after photos later).

Neighbours are nice and friendly. It's a complete contrast to neighbours in apartment dwellings (maybe because apartment dwellings consists of mostly renters and not owners). Already our Greek neighbours to our right and our Indian neighbours to our back have invited us for BBQs later. I must say, the Indian neighbours are very friendly and hilarious. The Greeks are a very good looking young couple with two daughters. The Mrs is one hot babe - I hope I could be as fantastically presentable like her even after having children. Haven't had a chance to meet and say hi to the Chinese neighbours on the other side of the street at the back (a big double storey Mirvac home ... if I am not mistaken, it is this model they went for (don't be fooled by the house price, it's misleading. I mean, it is correct but lots of things are not included such as floorings, landscaping, driveway, etc, etc which will add up to at least AU$30-40k and you need to buy your own LAND to build a house that wide in our estate, which costs around AU$270k-AU$300k for 450 sqm).

Okay back to sorting.

CREDITS

Sadish Bala for this amazing Template to work with

Statcounter

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum